Your wedding day is one of the most anticipated, exciting, and celebrated days of your life. You’ve dreamt about your special day in vivid detail – from the delectable menu, and the exquisite flowers, to the timeless music, and special first dance. But to make your wedding an inspirational and memorable event for all in attendance, you must choose a location that is unlike any other.
Destination weddings are all the rage. And although many couples are flocking to Hawaii and Jamaica to tie the knot, there is a growing trend toward old-world locations that offer an undeniable atmosphere of magic and fantasy and class. Castle weddings are now one of the top five most requested destination wedding locations. What could be more magical than having your wedding at a historic and elegant castle in Ireland?
Popular Irish Castles
Some of the most popular castles for destination weddings in Ireland include:
- Ashford Castle – a beautiful Victorian built in 1228, now a 5-star luxury hotel on the Mayo/Galway border in Ireland.
- Dromoland Castle – built in 1551, and once the seat of the O’Brien clan, the castle is now a luxury hotel with golf course.
- Knappogue Castle – this grand medieval tower house in County Clare, Ireland was built in 1467, and features a Walled Garden and a Banquet Hall.
- Adare Manor – this 19th century manor house in County Limerick features formal French Gardens, sparkling chandeliers, and old-world elegance not often found in castles of the period. Seated on 840 acres of gardens and parkland, this fairy tale manor house is truly one of the most popular destination wedding castles in all of Ireland.
- Waterford Castle Hotel – with a history that dates back to the 15th century, it is one of the few castles in all of Ireland that can boast about seclusion on its own island. Imagine a destination wedding like no other at this location – your own castle on your own island!
- Castle Leslie – this Scottish Baronial style castle located in the village of Glaslough was the location of the much-watched wedding of Paul McCartney and Heather Mills. It is one of the finest and most sought after castle wedding locations in Ireland.
Have a Destination Wedding Like No Other
Dreaming of having a destination wedding like no other? A castle in Ireland makes the ideal backdrop for a fairy tale wedding that transforms your perfect day into an event that will be remembered for all time. Let an MTI Events destination wedding planner arrange and coordinate your destination wedding in Ireland. At MTI Events, we can handle all the details and logistics for groups of 10 to 250 – leaving you the freedom to enjoy your castle wedding in Ireland without worry for any small detail. Call MTI Events at 800-826-3464 and speak to a destination wedding planner today.